RE: [Exim] FW: Defending Against Rumplestiltskin Attacks???

Author: Ilan Aisic
To: 'Mike 'Fraz' White', exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] FW: Defending Against Rumplestiltskin Attacks???
Hi again,
IMHO, returning a bounce on a common typo is essential to the business.
I'm worried that customers and all other legit people from the outside will send email to my domain that will evaporate
into nulldom and some important mail will disappear and cause misunderstandings at best.
I don't see why this policy would be different if you have 5 users or 5000.
Setting some common typos in the alias file seems like a good idea only for the case you don't send bounces at all (and
is only practical for small systems). Even then, it may perpetuate and propagate mistakes.

--
Ilan Aisic