Re: [Exim] Mail gateway with sa-exim and exim

Author: Pradeeper
To: Tim Jackson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mail gateway with sa-exim and exim
Hi Tim

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 09:13:26AM +0100, Tim Jackson wrote:
> You need a manualroute router. Something like this, although this assumes
> that you are assigning a manual route for all domains in
> +relay_to_domains:
>
> reroute_domains:
>    driver = manualroute
>    domains = +relay_to_domains
>    route_data = ${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/etc/exim/domain_routes}}
>    transport = remote_smtp
>    no_more

> Then in /etc/exim/domain_routes have:
>
> yourdomain.example.com: your.internal.mail.server

What will happened if my mail server down temporally with this setup?
Will this gateway hold my mails till my mail server up or simply bounce
them back to the senders?

I can unplug my mail server and see for my self but it's my live
system ;-)

Thanks!

Pradeeper
--

Debian GNU/Linux Sarge (kernel 2.2.20-compact)

Hear about the Californian terrorist that tried to blow up a bus?
Burned his lips on the exhaust pipe.