Re: [Exim] Exim and Sieve rules

Author: Michael Haardt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim and Sieve rules
> I thought ":matches" would perform regular expression matching; in
> reality (per RFC3028) it performs a wildcard match.

Ok, that's what I thought.

> Moreover, my own sieve script (filtered by way of Cyrus) did indeed
> contain the line:
>      if header :matches "X-Spam-Status" "Yes*"
> which, as I just verified, works fine on an Exim filter on my friend's
> machine as well.

Good.

It's fine to doubt if the Exim Sieve implementation works correctly,
because although tested quite a bit and in production use on large systems
by now, it is still new code and written using only the RFC as reference.
You may be the first person to try running existing Sieve filters from
other systems with Exim.

Michael