Re: Re[2]: [Exim] Callout verification

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ian A B Eiloart
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Re[2]: [Exim] Callout verification
> Many systems always accept the MAIL FROM and do any rejecting against the
> RCPT TO. Reasons for this - presumably some MTAs have difficulty with a
> MAIL FROM reject (it certainly causes unwanted behavour with some spam
> engines), and also the logic for a reject isn't complete until you've
> seen the recipient - maybe you'd reject null senders to all addresses
> except postmaster, for example.

Yes, that's a good reason for waiting. However, all the systems that I've
tested (a couple of dozen now) reject MAIL FROM:<> before testing the
recipient, so Andy's suggestion might help.

However, given the brokenness of such mailers (hey, bounces don't get back
to senders), I'd be in favour of rejecting their mail anyway, and letting
them sort out the problem.

I've never seen the problem with a large mail provider (except one Chinese
provider).

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team