Re: [Exim] Callout verification

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ian A B Eiloart
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Callout verification
--On Friday, May 7, 2004 9:47 am +0100 Philip Hazel <ph10@???>
wrote:

> On Thu, 6 May 2004, Andy Fletcher wrote:
>
>> Other discussion I see suggests the ability to change the "MAIL FROM:"
>> address presented in the callout, this would also be useful though
>> obviously there are drawbacks such as cascading callbacks and loops,
>> but nevertheless, the option to configure this should you wish would
>> be very desirable.
>
> This is FAQ; I must add it to the file.
>
> My view is: a sender verification is testing whether Exim could send a
> bounce to that address. Therefore, it must use MAIL FROM:<> because that
> is what it would do if it were sending a bounce message. If MAIL FROM:<>
> is rejected, it means Exim could not send a bounce. Therefore the
> callout fails.

Hmm, well I guess a sender verification IS testing that, because it IS
using the null sender. However, the motivation for an admin setting up
sender verification callouts may differ. In our case, we're testing for
SPAM, but we end up with a few false positives because of these
misconfigured mailers.

I can live with that. We don't get many false positives, and I'd rather get
the remote mailer fixed. However, I didn't put the test in place in order
to stop bounces sticking on my queue.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team