Re: [Exim] Callout verification

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Callout verification
At 9:47 am +0100 2004/05/07, Philip Hazel wrote:
[...]
>My view is: a sender verification is testing whether Exim could send a
>bounce to that address. Therefore, it must use MAIL FROM:<> because that
>is what it would do if it were sending a bounce message. If MAIL FROM:<>
>is rejected, it means Exim could not send a bounce. Therefore the
>callout fails.

yes, but we should also not send bounces... I think that presently
sender callout is used more as a anti-spam tool than anything else.
So the ability to distinguish between different type of failure would
greatly help. This issues has been raised before, I proposed an extra
flag to change the behaviour, but of course if we could return
multiple value results that would not be necessary. I had a look at
the code but realise it would take me perhaps too much time to work
out how to do it without breaking anything...

Giuliano