Re: Re[2]: [Exim] Callout verification

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Re[2]: [Exim] Callout verification
Andy Fletcher <andy@???> wrote:

> I don't see any mention of this in the documentation on exim.org -
> hence why I resorted in posting to the list about it. Apologies if
> I've overlooked it, but I've read "38.21. Callout verification"
> several times over the past months, including a quick scan to check my
> sanity right now - is there anywhere I can find information on this
> feature?

New features between major releases are in the 'NewStuff' and 'ChangeLog'
file in the distribution,
or online at http://www.exim.org/ftp/ChangeLogs/ - the docs are at 4.30.

The changes you're interested in are change 71 in 4.31 and change 16 in
4.32.

> Any thoughts on my comments about the stage at which the 5xx is
> presented and how this is interpreted?

I don't know how Exim handles the situation - others will chip in I expect.

Many systems always accept the MAIL FROM and do any rejecting against the
RCPT TO. Reasons for this - presumably some MTAs have difficulty with a MAIL
FROM reject (it certainly causes unwanted behavour with some spam engines),
and also the logic for a reject isn't complete until you've seen the
recipient - maybe you'd reject null senders to all addresses except
postmaster, for example.

PETER