Re: [Exim] exim references

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim references
On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 12:44, Marcos Monge wrote:
> I'm trying to use Exim for a big new mail services in a University
> (~80.000 users), but my boss is asking about some references of other
> universitys/big_companys that are using Exim, to be sure that is
> suficcient robust (he still believe in sendmail).

> Someone can tell me about some university / company that use Exim?

I believe Cambridge University in the UK may well use exim :-)

Within the UK a significant fraction of Universities, including some
quite large ones, use exim - evidence of this can be seen from the
mailing lists.

A number of UK ISPs use exim, including:-
      * Energis (who provided mail services for Freeserve (now rebranded
        as Wannadoo), as well as several other VISPs on the same mail
        cluster.  Freeserve has had at least 3 million users on that
        cluster.
      * BT certainly used to use exim - although they now contract out
        to Yahoo
      * Demon use exim within part of their mail system, however it is
        not the only MTA there (Demon has some very strange arrangements
        - probably due to their history of doing SMTP to dial ups).
      * Significant numbers of smaller ISPs are also exim users.

It will be interesting if any other large (UK) sites pop up in this
thread - I don't watch the market as much as I used to...

    Nigel.