Re: [Exim] Can I shut off "AUTH=" when forwarding to smartho…

Autor: Chad Walstrom
A: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Can I shut off "AUTH=" when forwarding to smarthosts?
--
On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 08:10:13AM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Chad Walstrom wrote:
>
> >I have a persnickity smarthost that doesn't understand the "AUTH="
> >option to the MAIL command, yet requires smtp authentication.

You misunderstand me. The "AUTH=" option to the MAIL command, not the
AUTH command. Let me find the reference for you in the EXIM specs:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec_11.html#IX915

> Of course it just might mean that you will have to stop using
> eximconfig / debconf and configure exim by hand ... but that's a good
> thing.

I basically do that anyway. In any case, I need to have this option
shut off or configurable on a per host basis. I simply cannot use the
smarthost any more. This is not good.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@???>           http://www.wookimus.net/