Re: [Exim] Can I shut off "AUTH=" when forwarding to smartho…

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Chad Walstrom
CC: Suresh Ramasubramanian, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Can I shut off "AUTH=" when forwarding to smarthosts?
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Chad Walstrom wrote:

> I basically do that anyway. In any case, I need to have this option
> shut off or configurable on a per host basis. I simply cannot use the
> smarthost any more. This is not good.

I sympathise with your problem, but...

Support for SMTP authentication was added to Exim in the 3.10 release,
in November 1999. That's over 4 years ago. You are the first person in
those 4 years who has reported encountering an SMTP server that
implements only part of the specification. I'm afraid I'm of the opinion
that the problem is with your smarthost.