Re: [Exim] How do I move spam around?!

Author: Jez Hancock
To: Paul Furness
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] How do I move spam around?!
On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 04:58:54PM +0000, Paul Furness wrote:
> I've set up exim with spamassassin to catch spam. The scanning is
> working fine, and it adds various headers to the email to indicate it's
> spam rating.
>
> The problem is that after rating the spam, it then delivers it anyway.
>
> What I need to do is decide whether to deliver it to a user or not,
> based on the spam rating. If not delivering to the user, I need to put
> the mail in quarantine until the administrator has checked it to decide
> if it is spam or not.
>
> How can I achieve this? I have tried messing about with system filters,
> but I don't want to freeze the message nor do I want to bounce it, nor
> do I want to add it to a spool file. Ideally I want to put it into a
> separate mail queue that doesn't get flushed automatically.

I'm not sure about the 'separate mail queue', but one approach
might be to use something like this in the data acl (presuming you're
using exiscan):

    # See exiscan docs for more info!
    # reject spam at high scores (> 8)
    accept message = Spam score $spam_score > 8
        spam = mailnull:true
        condition = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{80}{1}{0}}
        control = freeze

which would freeze any message that scored over 8 in spamassassin. This
way if you have:

freeze_tell = admin@???

in the main exim config - where admin@??? is the address you
want notified when a mail is frozen - you will be notified automatically
when a message is quarrantined/frozen.

--
Jez Hancock
- System Administrator / PHP Developer