Re: [Exim] How do I move spam around?!

Author: Tor Slettnes
To: Paul Furness
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] How do I move spam around?!
--

On Mar 12, 2004, at 08:58, Paul Furness wrote:

> I've set up exim with spamassassin to catch spam. The scanning is
> working fine, and it adds various headers to the email to indicate it's
> spam rating.

What mechanism do you use to invoke SA? (Most likely, it is either
"Exiscan-ACL" or "SA-Exim")

> The problem is that after rating the spam, it then delivers it anyway.
>
> What I need to do is decide whether to deliver it to a user or not,
> based on the spam rating. If not delivering to the user, I need to put
> the mail in quarantine until the administrator has checked it to decide
> if it is spam or not.
>
> How can I achieve this? I have tried messing about with system filters,
> but I don't want to freeze the message nor do I want to bounce it, nor
> do I want to add it to a spool file. Ideally I want to put it into a
> separate mail queue that doesn't get flushed automatically.

In the case of 'Exiscan-ACL' you could do something like the following:

     accept spam  = mail
         control  = freeze
         logwrite = Frozen for administrator review

(The 'spam' ACL condition is provided by Exiscan-ACL).

-tor
[ smime.p7s of type application/pkcs7-signature deleted ]