Re: [Exim] acl verb warn and temporary problems

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: John W. Baxter, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] acl verb warn and temporary problems
At 10:40 am -0800 2004/02/23, John W. Baxter wrote:
>Untested (although I may try this to solve a similar problem here):
>
>You should be able to set one of the acl variables to some value in this acl
>clause, and then in a subsequent clause see whether that value is set.
>Since "no action is taken" for temporary failures, the variable should be
>unset if Sophie has crashed.

I do not think this will work. If the acl variable is set before the
condition that has temporary failure the variable is set anyway ("no
action is taken" seems to mean that the acl is aborted from that
point on, as when the condition is false). This is why I use two warn
statements, using the condition and the negation of the condition
respectively, as a temporary failure means a failure of both and I
can thus distinguish between failure, success and temporary failure.
See my previous post.

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/