Re: [Exim] acl verb warn and temporary problems

Author: Michael Westerburg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] acl verb warn and temporary problems
Hello Chris

Chris Edwards wrote:
> | We are very happy about Exim but Sophie is the least part. The daemon
> | crashes from time to time.
>
> Hi,
>
> Out of interest what version of do you have ?
>
> We're running sophie 3.04rc2 with sophos 3.78 on Solaris 9. Its not
> crashed yet. Perhaps we've been lucky.

Right now we are using Sophie 3.04rc2 with Sophos 3.79 on AIX. The crash
occured under Sophie 3.03 and Sophos versions prior to 3.79. The update
of the software will hopefully improve the stability of our mailing system.

> Here we just "deny" the malware - and a deny statement causes a defer if
> the scanner isn't available. Life's too short to examine the things by
> hand. Too many viruses, too little time...

We are freezing the messages, extract some data, inform our users about
the incident and deleting the messages from the queue. A perl script is
doing this every x minutes. We have to do it this way to not break a law
about "don't interfere in free communication" or similar. Our legal
department is pretty rigorous ;-)

> Anyway, I'm glad (reading later posts) you've got a solution you're happy
> with.

We are ... indeed!