[Exim] acl verb warn and temporary problems

Author: Michael Westerburg
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] acl verb warn and temporary problems
Hello everybody,

we are running Exim 4.30 patched with exiscan-acl-4.30-14 to filter
malware for our 20.000 users. The av-software is Sophos which is
provided by sophie daemon.

We are very happy about Exim but Sophie is the least part. The daemon
crashes from time to time.

We applied the following ACL (-check_data):

   warn  message = X-Infected: $malware_name
         malware = *
         control = freeze
         log_message = malicious content found ($malware_name) \
           Sender='$sender_address' \
           Recipients[$recipients_count]=[$recipients]

Everytimes sophie isn't running the mail will not be filtered because
"no action is taken if there is a temporary problem with one of the
conditions" (Exim, p.329). Due to sophies instability this happens quit
a lot.

Is there any chance to check next if the ACL shown above did run
successfully? Then we could either defer the message handling or keep
going on.

Any hints are welcome

++Michael