Re: [Exim] acl verb warn and temporary problems

Author: Chris Edwards
To: Michael Westerburg
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] acl verb warn and temporary problems
| We are very happy about Exim but Sophie is the least part. The daemon
| crashes from time to time.

Hi,

Out of interest what version of do you have ?

We're running sophie 3.04rc2 with sophos 3.78 on Solaris 9. Its not
crashed yet. Perhaps we've been lucky.

| We applied the following ACL (-check_data):

|    warn  message = X-Infected: $malware_name
|          malware = *
|          control = freeze
|          log_message = malicious content found ($malware_name) \
|            Sender='$sender_address' \
|            Recipients[$recipients_count]=[$recipients]

| Everytimes sophie isn't running the mail will not be filtered because
| "no action is taken if there is a temporary problem with one of the
| conditions" (Exim, p.329).

Here we just "deny" the malware - and a deny statement causes a defer if
the scanner isn't available. Life's too short to examine the things by
hand. Too many viruses, too little time...

Anyway, I'm glad (reading later posts) you've got a solution you're happy
with.

Chris

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service