Re: [Exim] FIY: Turn off virus alerts to sender (slightly OT…

Author: Richard.Hall
To: Calum Mackay
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] FIY: Turn off virus alerts to sender (slightly OT)
[...]

> I note that the current exiscan docs have as an example:
>
> deny message = This message contains malware ($malware_name)
>       demime = *
>       malware = *

[...]
> Are you suggesting that the ACL action should be an accept/freeze,
> rather than a deny?

As others have said, 'deny' is the right thing to do. But just to give
everyone a laugh - I was using accept/freeze last night to trap an example
of a particular virus. Worked a treat - until auto_thaw kicked in later
:-(

Actually, going further OT ... in exiscan-acl-spec.txt (-14) there is a
nice example:-

    # Freeze .exe and .doc files. Postmaster can
    # examine them and eventually thaw them up.
    deny  log_message = Another $found_extension file.
          demime = exe:doc
          control = freeze

which really ought to be an 'accept', I believe.

HTH,
Richard