Re: [Exim] FIY: Turn off virus alerts to sender (slightly OT…

Author: Calum Mackay
To: Tim Jackson
CC: exim-users, Willie Viljoen
Subject: Re: [Exim] FIY: Turn off virus alerts to sender (slightly OT)
Tim Jackson wrote:
> Fair enough, although I suspect/hope that most people reading this list
> already know about this issue and (hopefully) do the right thing, given
> the endless pleas by myself and others for people not to generate "virus
> warning" spam :)

I note that the current exiscan docs have as an example:

deny message = This message contains malware ($malware_name)
      demime = *
      malware = *

which will of course cause a virus warning bounce back to the forged
sender. Since many of us use exiscan, and are likely to follow its
documentation, perhaps someone should ask Duncan to discuss this issue
further in the docs?

Are you suggesting that the ACL action should be an accept/freeze,
rather than a deny?

Would there be an easy way to drop the message on the floor, as opposed
to freezing it, after accepting it, so that the admin doesn't have to
deal with all the slush? I suppose setting an ACL variable for later
handling would be the answer?

cheers,
c.