Re: [Exim] how to rewrite

Author: Michael Johnson
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] how to rewrite
On Feb 11, 2004, at 11:33 AM, Eli wrote:

> Fred Viles wrote:
>>   # If both Reply-to and List-Post exist, copy original Reply-To
>>   # (optional)
>>   headers_add    = ${if and { \
>>         {def:header_reply-to:} {def:header_list-post:}\
>>   # If List-Post exists, generate Reply-To from it
>>   headers_add    = ${if match {$header_list-post:} {\<mailto:(.*)\>} \
>>              {reply-to: <$1>} {} }
>>   # If both Reply-to and List-Post exist, remove original Reply-To
>>   headers_remove = ${if and { \
>>             {def:header_reply-to:} {def:header_list-post:}\
>>             } {reply-to} fail }

> I'm not sure if this will work or not, because if I remember
> correctly, all
> headers_remove actions are processed first, and then the headers_add.
> So,
> you'll remove the reply-to: header before you can play with it in your
> headers_add statements. I could be wrong though - testing will show
> if it
> works or not :)

This version didn't work, but not for the reason you're thinking. I
just got it to work by using the second and third options, and
commented out the first.

Now, is it possible to combine the first two into a single headers_add
to get the function of the three? The problem was it didn't like
having two headers_add in the configuration.

-Michael

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your
smile can be the source of your joy.

                    --- Thich Nhat Hanh