RE: [Exim] PHP Form to send emails with Exim

Author: Dan Muey
To: Jason Gerfen
CC: Exim
Subject: RE: [Exim] PHP Form to send emails with Exim
> I have been looking around the web for some examples of how
> to use a PHP form to send emails using Exim installed on the
> localhost. I have tried adding the command line to send

Perl has many mail features, and is way easier to get working
than to figure out how to get PHP to do anything. What I'd do
if I were you is simply use a module that does an SMTP session
with localhost, that way there's no Exim config to do.

Here's a really nice module I use a lot:
http://search.cpan.org/~jenda/Mail-Sender-0.8.10/Sender.pm
But if your needs are simpler try:
http://search.cpan.org/~gbarr/libnet-1.17/Net/SMTP.pm

> emails in the php.ini file but so far everything I have tried
> has not worked.

Because PHP sucks!!!

> If anyone knows of a good reference point or example of how
> to accomplish this please let me know right away. Thanks again.

Check out those links above and search on cpan for what you need.

HTH

DMuey