RE: [Exim] how to rewrite

Author: Eli
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] how to rewrite
Fred Viles wrote:
> On 11 Feb 2004 at 11:33, Eli wrote about
>     "RE: [Exim] how to rewrite":

>> Fred Viles wrote:
>> I'm not sure if this will work or not, because if I remember
>> correctly, all headers_remove actions are processed first, and then
>> the headers_add.
>
> The *actions* are, when they occur at transport time. No addition
> and/or removal is done by the router, and even when used in a
> transport there's no problem because the spec says the headers_add
> string value is expanded before headers_remove.

Ah, well you learn something new every day :) That can actually come in
very handy now that I know the string for adding is expanded before the
remove takes place - I thought they were expanded and processed at the same
time, thus meaning remove kicks in before add, and so you can't reference
any removed headers in your add statement.

Thanks for the info :)

Eli.