RE: [Exim] PHP Form to send emails with Exim

Author: Eli
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] PHP Form to send emails with Exim
Steve Thomas wrote:
> This is going OT, but I had to put in my two cents...
>
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 12:35:51PM -0600, Dan Muey is rumored to have
> said:
>>
>> Perl has many mail features, and is way easier to get working
>> than to figure out how to get PHP to do anything. What I'd do
>> if I were you is simply use a module that does an SMTP session
>> with localhost, that way there's no Exim config to do.
>
> Perl is easier than PHP?! I find PHP to be infinately easier to
> understand and use than perl. I was using perl for years before
> messing around with PHP and found the transition VERY easy.

I'll second that :) I don't possibly know how you can get easier than

mail('to@you', 'subject', 'message', 'From: m@e');

:) The fact that he can't get it to send email is not relevant to how much
PHP sucks or doesn't suck. It's all to do with his configuration of either
PHP or sendmail (exim) - something which could wreak just as much suffering
upon someone using Perl :)

Besides, PHP code is easier to read than Perl (none of that $_ hacky whacky
stuff) I find, and it looks/feels more like C which is nice for the learning
curve :)

Eli.