Re: [Exim] FIY: Turn off virus alerts to sender (slightly OT…

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
CC: Willie Viljoen
Subject: Re: [Exim] FIY: Turn off virus alerts to sender (slightly OT)
Hi Willie, on Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:58:33 +0200 you wrote:

> This is slightly off topic, as it applies to anybody doing virus
> checking and sending alerts to the sender, not just Exim users. I feel I
> should post it anyway, in the hope that it helps.

Fair enough, although I suspect/hope that most people reading this list
already know about this issue and (hopefully) do the right thing, given
the endless pleas by myself and others for people not to generate "virus
warning" spam :) Mind you, it doesn't seem to stop the small but steady
stream of people here and elsewhere who ask how to turn such things *on*!

Whilst it continues, if you're having lots of problems with these things
then you may (or may not) find my ever-expanding "bogus virus warnings
killer" SpamAssassin ruleset handy:
http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/bogus-virus-warnings.cf

Tim