Re: [Exim] Virtual users and `prefixed lookups'

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Adam D. Barratt
Subject: Re: [Exim] Virtual users and `prefixed lookups'
On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 13:08 +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> Do you have any problems with it other than during callouts? If not, that
> might be why it works for us, as we don't currently use callouts.

I haven't seen any -- it certainly passed my initial testing and got
rolled out for a couple of minutes... but I reverted it as soon as I saw
the problem with callouts.

The machine which used to be primary MX host for infradead.org, and
which is still the target of the wildcard alias, is IPv6-only to keep
its spamassassin load down. Almost everything comes first to the
IPv4-capable MX backup sitting next to it. As soon as it stopped
managing to do recipient-verification callouts it started accepting all
the crap for randomlocaluserxxx@???.

--
dwmw2