Re: [Exim] Virtual users and `prefixed lookups'

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Adam D. Barratt
Subject: Re: [Exim] Virtual users and `prefixed lookups'
On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 13:43 +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> Nope - unknown recipients are already handled by the use of
> `verify=recipient' on the local domains check at the end of the RCPT ACL.

I had that for a while. Works OK if you don't let local mail and
authenticated relayers avoid that check. Took me a while to notice, but
then I decided I didn't want to rely on ACLs for it, and made the
routers cope too.

If you don't have anyone running sendmail locally or doing SMTP AUTH,
then perhaps you don't need to bother.

> I've ended up making a very similar modification after a suggestion from
> someone else. FWIW, you don't need the `address_data' clause, since the
> `domains' clause places the result of the lookup in $domain_data
> automagically.

Hmmm. Good point. I should be able to make my dns_virtual_domains router
do that too, when I'm no longer sitting in the car, and actually want to
babysit it for a while.

> (Now much happier with the size of his routers section :->)

:). Whereas mine's just getting sillier --
    http://www.infradead.org/~dwmw2/eximconf/master

--
dwmw2