Re: [Exim] Virtual users and `prefixed lookups'

Author: Adam D. Barratt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Virtual users and `prefixed lookups'
David Woodhouse wrote, Tuesday, December 30, 2003 2:06 PM:

> On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 13:43 +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:

[Off-list, but I don't mind ;-)]
> > Nope - unknown recipients are already handled by the use of
> > `verify=recipient' on the local domains check at the end of the RCPT

ACL.

> I had that for a while. Works OK if you don't let local mail and
> authenticated relayers avoid that check. Took me a while to notice, but
> then I decided I didn't want to rely on ACLs for it, and made the
> routers cope too.
>
> If you don't have anyone running sendmail locally or doing SMTP AUTH,
> then perhaps you don't need to bother.

The local domains check is before the `mail from local hosts' check, so the
`verify=recipient' is done for all mail, whether it's locally generated on
the Exim box, from inside our network, or from an external source. (We also
don't offer SMTP AUTH atm.)

Cheers,

Adam