[Exim] Email declaired unroutable

Author: Michael Caplan
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Email declaired unroutable
Hi,

I seem to be having some problems with exim, and configuring default
behavior for all unrouted mail for a particular domain. When setting
the domain, purartvida.com, so that all unrouted email fails (:fail:
some message), _all_ mail to that domain fails and not just unrouted
mail.

Doing a little backstepping, before I added the :fail: directive, a
little debugging with exim shows some weird results. When checking how
exim will handle email to the address purart@???, I'm told
the address is unroutable:

# exim -C /etc/exim_outgoing.conf -bt purart@???
purart@??? is undeliverable:
Unrouteable address

To make sure that other accounts on the system work as intended, I tried
the same test on another address on the localhost which worked fine:

# exim -C /etc/exim_outgoing.conf -bt michael@???
michael@???
router = virtual_sa_user, transport = virtual_sa_userdelivery

You can see a compete debug dump of purart@??? at
http://www.mompopmedia.com/email

Any ideas why this domain is unroutable? It is listed in the
/etc/localdomains, but those checks fail.

Thanks,

Michael