Re: [Exim] I )(*#$ hate aol

Author: Jonathan Vanasco
To: Kevin Reed
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] I )(*#$ hate aol
It's not the mail relay. The email I received talked about non-mail
relays/proxies

My exim configuration allows for authenticated + encrypted outbound
mail only. It is also quite stringent about what it will accept.

AOL seems to have one of our web services, probably a tunnel from the
webserver to the office, listed as a proxy.

I still can't figure out why the address rewrite isn't happening before
the ACLs -- that makes no sense.

Pouring through the exim book and manual, I can't seem to find any
variable that has the IP addresses of interfaces on localhost.
Explicit IP routing was turned off on purpose -- there is no reason why
someone should be emailing our ip, and all the hosted domains are
serviced by a virtuals router with an LDAP lookup.

I'm hating AOL even more, because now I have to offer services I
explicitly turned off, just to find out what the hell they think is
wrong.

Oh - the online relay check says:

> Tested host banner: 220 redivi.com ESMTP Exim 4.20 Fri, 05 Dec 2003

07:25:07 -0800