[Exim] About Dovecot Virtual Domain Setup and Exim

Author: Marc Perkel
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] About Dovecot Virtual Domain Setup and Exim
OK - several of you recommended Dovecot as a good IMAP server with Exim.
And yes - it did come with Fedora and was already installed. And the
specs are impressive - however - after realing the sparse documentation
- I can see that in theory it can be virtual - but I can't see how to
actually make that work.

I am currently using a Linuxconf type setup that Exim works with very
well. It uses multiple password/shadow files - one for each virtual domain.

/etc/vmail/passwd.domain.com
/etc/vmail/shadow.domain.com

Does it work with this kind of authentication - or is there a way to
migrate this into a different authentication scheme?