Re: [Exim] log_message ignored in deny?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Kevin W. Reed
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] log_message ignored in deny?
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Kevin W. Reed wrote:

> Perhaps the test is doing some thing that reality it not?

Well, I copied your ACL statement exactly, except for the name of the
DNS black list. I put a suitable entry in a local, testing, DNS black
list. I made a telnet call to test it all out, and I'm afraid it
worked as expected.

Differences:

1. My test used inetd rather than a daemon, but I can't believe that
matters.

2. My test used the current code rather than vanilla 4.22, but looking
through the ChangeLog doesn't show anything that might affect this.

So, still a mystery.

One final thought: differences between testing and reality are sometimes
caused by accidentally different configurations. This may be a stupid
question, but you don't by any chance start your daemon with -C to get a
different configuration, do you? (And surely you have HUPped it since
the last config change?) I know these are asking the "obvious"...

Philip