Re: [Exim] log_message ignored in deny?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Kevin W. Reed
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] log_message ignored in deny?
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Kevin W. Reed wrote:

> I figured that after Phillip tried it and said it was okay, I was just
> seeing things. However, right after seeing another in the log I did a
> test...

I will try to reproduce your test more accurately. My test is

  deny    message = host in DNS list $dnslist_domain: $dnslist_text
          log_message = DNSLIST ($dnslist_domain: $dnslist_text)
          dnslists = rbl.test.ex

which differs from yours in the order of the options, and in not having
any additional conditions. That shouldn't make any difference, but...

> Strange... The testing shows that it will use the correct log_message
> entry... in the log.... But in reality, it uses the message entry instead.

Ah, that's a clue. My tests use -bh. I'll try some reality...