Re: [Exim] log_message ignored in deny?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Kevin W. Reed
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] log_message ignored in deny?
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Kevin W. Reed wrote:

>    deny    hosts = !+rbl_hosts : !+exempt_lookup_hosts
>            log_message = SPAM BLOCK: RBL-ANTISPAM ($dnslist_domain)
>            message = SPAM BLOCK: Host or Netblock is listed in
> $dnslist_domain\n \
>                    Please contact postmaster@??? with any questions.
>            dnslists =      hil.habeas.com : \
>                            bl.spamcop.net : \
>                            dnslb.ngabl.org : \
>                            sbl.spamhaus.org : \
>                            dynablock.easynet.nl

> In the above, I've found that the log_message is ignored.

I have just run some tests on that sort of configuration, and it works
for me (Exim 4.22). If you are still having a problem, please run tests
using -bh (perhaps with -d as well) to see exactly what is going on.

P.S. If you meant "discard" instead of "deny", I can understand it. In
the current release "discard" is like "accept", where the messages are
relevant only if the conditions fail. However, for the next release I've
made "discard" take note of log_message.

Philip