Re: [Exim] How do I unfreeze messages

Author: Fernando Sanchez
To: Dan Muey
CC: Paul Wilson, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] How do I unfreeze messages
Dan Muey wrote:

>>>I have about 70 frozen messages just stuck there.
>>>Anyone know any commands to unfreeze everythgin that's frozen?
>>
>>mailq | grep frozen | awk '{print $3}' | xargs exim -v -M

use exim -bp instead of mailq.

The command above gets a complete list of the queue, parse the lines
looking for the word frozen thakes the 3rd argumente and then pipes that
for delivery on exim

I had a small perl script that does the same to keep trying to force
deliveries, kinda like this way more than mine :)

> Cool thanks! I don't have mailq on my system. Even if I do locate -u then locate mailq
> IS that supposed to be a path to a directory or something?
>

>>>I'll see what I can find. I was asking here though because I don't
>>>really know What and how I want to it because I'm not
>>
>>totally for sure
>>
>>>why/how they get frozen in the first place let alone what I
>>
>>should be
>>
>>>trying to do about it.
>>
>>You should really read the general overview of the docs
>>before just trying out the software.
>

> I know, it was installed, configured and run via cpanel so that's one problem, since I din't go throught the install process I'm not familiar with it. And with this particular deal there's no man pages that I can find and exim.org seems a bit disorganized and is unsearchable as far as I can tell. Hence my annoying questions here :)

a man page would to be too extensive, I think that's why there's none. I
don't think the exim.org is unsearcheable, there's a documentation
section and there u find ALL the exim specification and filters
documatition. In the docs, though, you need to read them carefully,
there are some small details that sometimes can get u problems.