Re: [Exim] How do I unfreeze messages

Author: Fernando Sanchez
To: Dan Muey
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] How do I unfreeze messages
Dan Muey wrote:

>>>Hello group,
>>>
>>>When I try to dlever all mail in queue via cpanel it says all the
>>>messages are frozen.
>>>
>>>How can I unfreeze them so I can try sendin them now?
>>
>>one option is exim -M message-id this forces delivery of
>>message without
>>retry rules. You migth like to give a look at the different
>

> I have about 70 frozen messages just stuck there.
> Anyone know any commands to unfreeze everythgin that's frozen?
>

>>options on
>>the documentation, there are a lot of options wich you can
>>pass to exim
>>depending on what and how you want to do it
>

> I'll see what I can find. I was asking here though because I don't really know
> What and how I want to it because I'm not totally for sure why/how they get
> frozen in the first place let alone what I should be trying to do about it.

Try to check on the logs for the reason of the freeze, exim writes to
the logs that kind of information, probably, if there is a long queue of
frozen messages you could check for that and fix the real problem
instead of just trying a force delivery which will just give u back
again the message frozen.

> I'm really trying to give Exim an honest go but I may have to switch
> completely back to qmail since it just worked and was really easy to use.

You allways get problems when you migrate from one system to other, you
will have to give it a little work and you will fell really good when u
get it to work :)