RE: [Exim] How do I unfreeze messages

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Dan Muey
CC: Paul Wilson, exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] How do I unfreeze messages
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Dan Muey wrote:

> Cool thanks! I don't have mailq on my system. Even if I do locate -u then locate mailq
> IS that supposed to be a path to a directory or something?

In a system with Exim installed, if you want to use a command called
"mailq", just make it a symbolic link to the Exim binary.

> I know, it was installed, configured and run via cpanel so that's one
> problem, since I din't go throught the install process I'm not
> familiar with it.

I don't know how much help you'll find with cpanel on this list. I am
certainly completely unfamiliar with it. I'm not even sure I know
exactly what it is!

> And with this particular deal there's no man pages
> that I can find and exim.org seems a bit disorganized and is
> unsearchable as far as I can tell. Hence my annoying questions here :)

There *is* a man page that comes with the Exim distribution; it contains
all the command line options. (Oh, I'm talking Exim 4 here, just in case
there is any doubt.) It is generated automatically from the reference
manual, so contains exactly the same text. However, if you want to
access it via "man" you need to install it somewhere suitable.

The Exim source distribution contains the reference manual in txt form
in doc/spec.txt. This is very searchable with your favourite text
editor. Likewise, the FAQ is also available in txt format, as well in in
html with a KWIC index.

The PostScript, PDF, Texinfo, and HTML forms of the reference manual all
have indexes in various formats. However, they cannot be searched for
arbitrary text very easily. Use the .txt format for that.