[Exim] Dealiang with broken MTAs

Author: Fernando Sanchez
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Dealiang with broken MTAs
Hi,

    I added a rule on my config to get stop invalid addresses to mail to my
system using a callout. I've been checking my logs, and I've got a
couple of complains from people that can't get their mails to my server
because the callout gets a 5xx error because of broken MTAs (I've tested
them to send a message with empty sender and just gives me the 5xx
error), some of this are real users trying to get mail to my real users,
but taking off the callout I'll be again vulnerable to abuse I was
having geting a lot of errors due to invalid senders. Going to the point
of my post, have anyone who have used sender callout had this kind of
problems? How can you deal with them? are there any other options I can
use to filter invalid mails?

Thanks,
--

Fernando Sanchez