Re: [Exim] conditionally rejecting <> sender

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] conditionally rejecting <> sender
ons, 09.04.2003 kl. 18.38 skrev Chris Edwards:

> Fred sends a mail to some remote destination on the internet, using
> envelope sender "support".

Then you have an alias for support? Then it would be accepted.

> Remote server somewhere out on the internet
> fails this message for some reason, generating a bounce destined for
> "support".

Quite.

> Our site MX expands support into fred+jim and delivers to the
> internal messagestore server hosting both fred and jim.

They exist? Then there is no problem.

> If the internal
> messagestore server enforces the above ACL, the legit bounce message will
> be rejected.

1: Different server;
2: Different ACLs

> I guess the solution is simply to only have this ACL on the MX machines,
> (only checking bounces coming in from remote hosts).

The ACL specifies that the client server has already done a helo/ehlo
and a mail from, then does a rcpt to: user, gets "no such user", then
does "o.k., then I'll try something else.

How many times may the client do this? A client MTA should know, before
it makes the conection, for whom the message is intended and the server
should have an account, even if that is an alias or a group account.

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:        tonni@???