Re: [Exim] conditionally rejecting <> sender

Author: Exim Users Mailing List
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Richard Welty, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] conditionally rejecting <> sender
[ On , April 9, 2003 at 17:09:02 (+0100), Nigel Metheringham wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [Exim] conditionally rejecting <> sender
>
> On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 16:52, Richard Welty wrote:
> > my first reaction was negative, but the more i think about it, the more i
> > think it's probably ok. the actual case of multiple RCPT TO: recipients in
> > an error bounce shouldn't, i think, show up in any case involving RFC
> > compliant MTAs.
>
> error copy to postmaster where the postmaster account is delivered to
> the same mx as the original sender was from?

Every implementation of that form of non-standard feature I have seen
involves using separate envelopes for each copy of the bounce, and so
there's still not going to be multiple RCPT commands in any envelope
with an empty sender address.

(I can't claim to have seen _every_ implementation of this kind of
feature though.... :-)

--
                                Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods@???>;           <woods@???>