Re: [Exim] conditionally rejecting <> sender

Author: Richard Welty
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] conditionally rejecting <> sender
On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:43:00 -0500 (CDT) John Jetmore <jetmore@???> wrote:

> I saw this in a rcpt acl posted in another email:

>   deny  message   = Only one receipient accepted for NULL sender
>         senders   = :
>         condition     = ${if >{$rcpt_count}{1} {1}}

> Since there are a lot of people on the list with some very strong
> feelings
> about how email should behave, I was wondering what people thought of
> this. It would certainly start preventing spam around here, just not
> sure if there's a case I'm missing where that's valid...

my first reaction was negative, but the more i think about it, the more i
think it's probably ok. the actual case of multiple RCPT TO: recipients in
an error bounce shouldn't, i think, show up in any case involving RFC
compliant MTAs.

only issue from my point of view is that i don't think i'm seeing any spam
that fits this profile. i'll have to look out for some.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???