RE: [Exim] Configuration...

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Ryan Cartwright
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: RE: [Exim] Configuration...
Luiz Felipe wrote:

> >> James P. Roberts skreiv:
> >>Hy, I have a problem....
> >>I want to redirect every email that my server receive to
> >>an account.
> >>The user of that account will read each message and send it to the
> >>correct user.

> >My initial reaction is, "Why would you do that?" followed
> >closely by, "Make
> >sure that is legal to do in your location!" Next, "Why
> >make it a manual process, when it could be automated?"

<snip>

> Well, it is legal....The server is a particular server. The situation
> is: I want to check if my workers are working ok. To do that I need to
> see every email that they receive. What is the process?

<snip>

The technical issue has been covered but you seem to be approaching the
problem from an unwise angle. AFAIK, certainly in the UK (unsure about
Brasil), it is illegal for employers to look at employees mail without
their knowledge. Even if unauthorised "mail snooping" is legal in Brasil
then you may still be wise to inform users of this process before it
happens.

<slightly OT>
Aside from that I wouldn't want to be the person who inspects *every*
piece of mail manually - boredom awaits. What will you do for mail sent
out of working hours - delay it until the morning? Suppose you find a
piece of mail that (in your opinion) proves an employee is not working
ok - what will you do - especially if staff have no knowledge you are
reading their mail?

Checking that your workers are "working ok" is more than reading their
e-mail - what if they use hotmail accounts - how would you check those?
If you really want to check that the content of their mail is "suitable"
then consider a system-filter - but there would be considerably greaster
slowdown if a person is checking each mail.
</slightly OT>

regards
Ryan