RE: [Exim] questions: best solution for news mailist with ex…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Ryan Cartwright
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: RE: [Exim] questions: best solution for news mailist with exim
Miroslav Ris wrote on 27 March 2003

> I need organized news mailist (distribute news for outside users).
>
> For normal maillist I using Mailman.
> But it's not good solution for simple news maillist.
> Thanks.

Why not use Mailman? A newsletter is surely just a mailing list with
restricted posting (exim-annouce springs to mind). We have two
newsletters which use it - simply restrict posters to the person(s) who
distribute the newsletter. Mailman then handles all the (un)subscribes
and other stuff - even archives the newsletters for you on the web. All
you need do is change the default text sent with the posts.

regards
Ryan