Re: [Exim] opinion on unconditional accept for postmaster

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Mike Meredith
CC: Giuliano Gavazzi, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] opinion on unconditional accept for postmaster
On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 10:37:49AM +0000, Mike Meredith wrote:
> > Does this comment imply that it is not compulsory to accept every
> > email addressed to postmaster, in particular when it smells like spam
> > like the following:
>
> Personally I believe that mail addressed to postmaster *must* be
> accepted and *must* be read. That's arguably a little too strict for
> personal domains though.

I see no good reasons whatsoever why personal domains should be
exempted. My systems refuse Email if a callback to postmaster fails, and
accepting mail for postmaster is indeed a "MUST" according to the RFCs

If I have problems with your domain, I will Email postmaster and won't
know (or care) if it's a domain with 1 user (you) or 10,000+

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key