Re: [Exim] opinion on unconditional accept for postmaster

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Mike Meredith, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] opinion on unconditional accept for postmaster
At 10:37 +0000 2002/12/10, Mike Meredith wrote:
>On Tuesday 10 December 2002 09:40, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>> Does this comment imply that it is not compulsory to accept every
>> email addressed to postmaster, in particular when it smells like spam
>> like the following:
>
>Personally I believe that mail addressed to postmaster *must* be
>accepted and *must* be read. That's arguably a little too strict for
>personal domains though.

In particular when all that one would "learn" could be how to
decrease his toe size or how to email one or two legitimate email
addresses.
If I had time to spare I would trace the source (if I find a willing
ISP) and charge them for that (ah ah). What I really would like to do
is to ping them to death with a smile (always smile if you want to do
something effectively).
In the future I will exercise some control on what the postmaster
gets, although not as much as for other addresses.
A solution would perhaps be a daily report of the sender of
temporarily rejected emails, to which one could reply leaving in the
accepted ones. This reply can then be processed to let through those.
A bit of machinery and a cron job involved..
Sorry for the rant.

Giuliano

--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/