Re: [Exim] exim capable of sorting incoming mail?

Author: Robert Wilhelm Land
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim capable of sorting incoming mail?
Nico Erfurth wrote:
> Robert?Wilhelm?Land?wrote:
>
> (As you use Debian i suppose you have exim3, but if you ask questions
> here,?tell?us?at?least?your?exact?exim?version)
> This is 3.12. suffixes and prefixes is meant this way
>
> user-suffix@???
> prefix-user@???
>
> an?admin?can?catch?this?in?a?director,?please?see
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.30/doc/html/spec.html
>
> if?the?prefix/suffix?matched,?it?will?be?available?in
> $local_part_prefix/$local_part_suffix?while?processing?an?exim?filter,
> or?the?admins?uses?the?qmail-way?and?allows?the?user?to?put?one?.forward
> file?per?suffix/prefix,?like??~/.forward-prefix

Unfortunately I often quite do not? _understand_ what I'm
reading. For a person as I am migrating to a unix system - this
is a awful load to dig through.
Debian comes with a very good package system und includes
all documentary. The only new the exim site provided is the faq.
In the meantime I few helpful users on the debian list
popped up and gave some very good commentary - so I 'll check that
first.

Yet, there's one thing that puzzled me on the recent help:
one of the users defenetly and seriously insisted using
exim on a mashine not permanently connected to the
internet would be overkill.
Can I take that for granted since I _want_ to use mutt and therefor
need a MTA to at least send the mail out?

Robert