Re: [Exim] Re: Exim at high loads

Author: Lawrence Walton
To: Miquel van Smoorenburg
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Exim at high loads
"Miquel van Smoorenburg" [list-exim-users@???] wrote:
> In article <051101c27153$4dad1c10$afd10a3d@blackehlo>,
> Suresh Ramasubramanian <mallet@???> wrote:
> >baptista@??? (Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira) writes:
> >
> >> I'm still forced to use exim 3 because debian unstable isnt supporting
> >> exim 4 oficially yet. Thanks, PH
> >
> >"Forced"?
> >
> >Why does Debian make so many people afraid of compiling their own code, or
> >of using anything other than eximconfig to configure exim, for that matter?
>
> The fact that almost any open source package on the face of the
> planet is available as a Debian package, and the fact that the
> quality of the packages and the integration with the rest of the
> system is so good that you simply don't want to compile your
> own packages anymore because it seems like a hassle ?
>
> >:(
>
> I'll mail the debian developers that they shouldn't package
> that much packages and that the rest of the packages should
> be of a much lesser quality. Perhaps I can even persuade
> them to switch to RPM ;)

You should talk to Marc Merlin he has spent a fair amount of
time creating 4.x packages, they are a little rough around the
edges, but for the most part great packages.
He is packaging a 4.x package with SpamAssassin hooks built in.
I know that Marc has been busy lately, so I won't CC him directly.

http://marc.merlins.org/

--
*--* Mail: lawrence@???
*--* Voice: 425.739.4247