[Exim] Re: Exim at high loads

Author: Miquel van Smoorenburg
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Exim at high loads
In article <051101c27153$4dad1c10$afd10a3d@blackehlo>,
Suresh Ramasubramanian <mallet@???> wrote:
>baptista@??? (Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira) writes:
>
>> I'm still forced to use exim 3 because debian unstable isnt supporting
>> exim 4 oficially yet. Thanks, PH
>
>"Forced"?
>
>Why does Debian make so many people afraid of compiling their own code, or
>of using anything other than eximconfig to configure exim, for that matter?

The fact that almost any open source package on the face of the
planet is available as a Debian package, and the fact that the
quality of the packages and the integration with the rest of the
system is so good that you simply don't want to compile your
own packages anymore because it seems like a hassle ?

>:(

I'll mail the debian developers that they shouldn't package
that much packages and that the rest of the packages should
be of a much lesser quality. Perhaps I can even persuade
them to switch to RPM ;)

>You could just build a deb package for yourself if you want to keep things
>cleaner...

The details of which I posted on this list a few days ago.

Mike.