Re: [Exim] host_accept_relay

Author: Greg Ward
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] host_accept_relay
On 07 October 2002, Glen Mehn said:
> you'll need either an external IP address or a solution by which you get
> your mail onto your internal server with fetchmail or something similar.
> You could also port-forward port 25 to your internal server. You'll also
> need an A record, and an MX record in order to route mail to your system.

One such service is mailkeep.net -- I'm a satisfied customer.

(You pay them money and point your MX record(s) at their server(s), and
they offer a variety of ways to let you pick up your mail. The nicest
option IMHO is to use ODMR: when your connection goes down, they store
the mail for you and you use ODMR [on-demand mail relay -- basically
SMTP ETRN for dynamic IPs] to ping their server, at which point it
flushes its queue over the ODMR connection and starts sending all
further mail to you immediately via SMTP. They can connect to an SMTP
server on any port, not just port 25, so you can dodge your ISP this
way.)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@???>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
Any priest or shaman must be presumed guilty until proven innocent.