Re: [Exim] verify & MySQL

Author: Greg Ward
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] verify & MySQL
On 08 October 2002, daeron@??? said:
> I've just updated to 4.x but have found that the config section:
> ========
>   accept  domains       = +local_domains
>           endpass
>           message       = unknown user
>           verify        = recipient
> ========

> Does not not work correctly; just how does Exim 4.x verify the recipent
> address? ANd how do I get it to verify it via info from the database
> instead?

For address verification, Exim does the same thing as it does for
delivery: run through your routers until it finds one that accepts the
address. You can tweak this behaviour with the verify_only and
no_verify router options -- RTFM for details.

IOW, if you're already using a database to lookup address information at
delivery time, Exim will use that database at verification time too --
unless you have set no_verify on the router that does the database
lookup.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@???>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.