Re: [Exim] host_accept_relay

Author: Brian Auty
To: Glen Mehn
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] host_accept_relay
The documentation left me wondering a little more than it should have.
Maybe I read the wrong parts.

As for host accept relay, I understand that this is for relaying users
mail from in our office and for those on the road. I just thought it
might have something to do with my problem. However, the main issue is
routing to the machine and I'm wondering if I have to do something with
my DNS server.

I've contacted our ISP and they say that port 25 is not blocked. I have
tested this and that is correct.

My public IP begins with 209.115.., but internally the machine IP is
192.168... - I'm assuming that our public IP's do not go through our
firewall and the the IP translation is done entirely by the switch.
This means that the only DNS I need to worry about is the one at the ISP.

I've checked the error logs and they don't say much. I have 6 frozen
messages, presumably they are in the queue so they outgoing problems. I
can send mail directly from the machine out, using Squirrelmail. I can
telnet to port 25 and run through the commands manually and the mail is
delivered.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Brian