Re: [Exim] Re: blocking forged sender addresses (exim v3)

Autor: Greg Ward
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: blocking forged sender addresses (exim v3)
On 18 September 2002, Adrian Bridgett said:
> Wonderful stuff - those ACLs make life so much easier - kudos to Philip to
> adding them and Greg Ward for supplying the ACL - it does exactly what we
> want.

Now go back in the archive and read the criticisms posted of my trick.
They *are* valid! Whether you can get away with banning "forged"
senders is highly dependent on your particular mail setup. Test
carefully, and watch your reject logs like a hawk for a few days.
This kind of thing is very much a double-edged sword.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@???>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
There are no stupid questions -- only stupid people.